Integrated wireless access controller
PowerConnect W-600 series controllers are integral components of Dell’s enterprise network architecture, which uses central controllers in the data center to manage complex, processing-intensive management and security functions. W-600 series controllers also virtualize and implement edge services, moving user traffic to data-center controllers through secure IP tunnels over a public or private transport network.
W-600 series controllers can provide local wireless services when used with any PowerConnect W-Series access point, or they can operate as wired-only devices. The controllers also include print server and network-attached storage capabilities to enable local network printing and mass storage.
Hassle-free, dependable deployment
The PowerConnect W-Series Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) technology helps optimize client behavior using infrastructure-based controls that utilize information from the centrally managed WLAN controller. ARM can adjust how WiFi clients interact and verifies that data, voice and video applications have sufficient network resources to deliver a superior wireless experience for end users.
Dell’s solution works with wireless devices, such as third-party voice over IP (VoIP) handsets or wireless scanners.
- Maximizes performance, increasing WiFi capacity while using the full RF spectrum to expand coverage
- Automatically adapts to noise, moving away from external noise and mitigating co-channel interference
- Centralizes decision making, enabling the WiFi network to act as a whole during 802.11 channel assignments, preventing access points from channel hopping
- Displays real-time coverage, integrating an RF planning tool and live RF heat mapping and location tracking
Integrated wireless security
The PowerConnect W-Series controllers are an integrated wireless security platform that supports user authentication and policy enforcement, firewall, intrusion protection and centralized encryption.
W-Series Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF)
This optional module provides identity-based controls to enforce security, prioritization, traffic forwarding and network performance policies. Organizations are free to set performance thresholds of various applications and enforce network access policies that specify not only who can access the network but also which areas of the network these users can access.
W-Series Wireless Intrusion Protection (WIP)
This optional module provides outstanding wireless network visibility and thwarts malicious wireless attacks, impersonations and unauthorized intrusions. WIP helps eliminate the need for a separate system of RF sensors and security appliances by incorporating wireless intrusion protection into the network infrastructure.
User-centric network management
PowerConnect W-Airwave Wireless Management Suite (AWMS) is an operations solution that manages wired and wireless infrastructure as well as mobile devices. . Its easy-to-use interface and user-centric approach:
- Can eliminate the need for multiple, single-purpose management tools
- Enables your service desk to prioritize connectivity issues
- Allows your network engineers to focus on more strategic work
- Simplifies policy enforcement
- Helps identify actionable information that lets you plan for the future
As a result, you can save time and money, help improve service quality for your users and make more informed decisions about your network. AWMS solutions are used by more than 1,000 organizations, including Fortune 500 companies in education, government, healthcare, technology and retail markets.
Powered by Aruba Networks
Aruba Networks ArubaOS® serves as the operating system and application engine for all Dell PowerConnect W-Series controllers and access point devices.