NOTE: This is a clean installation. This process will install your entire operating system and Oracle binaries. Back up all data prior to performing this upgrade.
- Ensure that you have Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 Quarterly Update 4 CDs, and Oracle 10g 32bit 10.1.0.3 CDs.
- Download the Dell Deployment CD 1 (9ias30-v3.1 - installer-b23200-9i-3.1-A00.iso) and Dell Deployment CD 2 (10gas30-v1.1 - deploy-A02.iso).
- Install the validated Operating System using the Dell Deployment CD 1 (Perform these steps on all the nodes)
First boot server with CD 1
Choose option number 1 "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 AS for Oracle Database (i386)" to install OS.
Follow prompts to continue installation.
- Set up Oracle prerequisites using CD 2 (Perform these steps on all the nodes)
Mount CD 2 and run the script "install.sh" in CD root directory.
Run script "/usr/local/dell/bin/standard/005-oraclesetup.py"
Unmount and remove CD.
- Install OCFS 1.0.14-1 (available at www.ocfs.org) if necessary on all the nodes.
- Follow the "Oracle Database 10g - Linux for Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (EM64T) Deployment Guide Version 1.0" to install Oracle 10g 10.1.0.3 binaries. Start with the section labelled "Configuring Networking and Storage" on page 12. Under section "RAC Post Deployment Fixes and Patches," skip the sub-section labelled "Configuring Cluster Ready Services".
Solution Deliverable List
The Solution Deliverable List provides detailed software information on the Dell Supported Configuration for Oracle Database 10g IA32 with Real Application Clusters on Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS.