Business innovation direct from Dell
By Eddie Ho (October 2002)
From a dorm room at the University of Texas to the world's leading direct computer systems company, the story of Dell Computer Corporation reflects the pioneering vision of Michael Dell. Dell based his strategy on obtaining high growth with integrity and achieving market share the old-fashioned way: one customer at a time. By selling customized products directly to end customers, Dell has empowered businesses and consumers to choose the best solutions for their computing needs.
Now, direct from Dell comes Dell Insight , the new industry quarterly that addresses real-world business issues and provides real-world solutions. We developed Dell Insight to give you new and thought-provoking perspectives on the rapidly changing challenges of computing, from large enterprises to small businesses and homes.
You'll find best practices and strategies covered in Dell Insight , as well as feature stories about the most current, relevant industry concerns. Not only will each issue help you understand today's IT landscape and future directions, but we will present current issues in a new light by uncovering fresh perspectives on the most pressing topics.
- Cutting Edge: Feature articles describe cutting-edge technologies and new trends for managing an enterprise to enhance profits.
- Industry Viewpoint: Technology analysts provide current thinking and quantitative analysis of the latest business topics affecting the enterprise.
- Inside Track: Dell executives share their visions of computing trends and discuss critical issues facing many executives.
- Customer Spotlight: Customers describe how they chose and implemented Dell and Dell Business Partner products for successful, end-to-end solutions.
- Partner Profile: We spotlight partners that work with Dell to deliver maximum value to customers through joint initiatives and co-branded technologies.
In this premiere issue of Dell Insight , we've focused on the tools that can help simplify IT operations and reduce costs. We examine how remote management software, standardized hardware, and server consolidation can boost productivity and contribute to faster return on investment and lower total cost of ownership.
We look forward to many years of dialog with you about the business innovations that drive our companies. Tell us what you need to know to improve your IT management strategy and enhance the quality of your IT. To continue receiving the latest on technology issues from a business perspective, please renew your subscription to Dell Insight by returning the enclosed subscription card or visiting us online at www.dell.com/dellinsight. Welcome, and I hope to hear from you soon.