'The value of information depends on its potential uses and can change over time. Data management and data protection are a means of getting the most value from information and avoiding the risks of not having the required information. Organizations should assess how their information is used, now and over time and implement processes and technology that meet the totality of needs.'
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative|
Dell archiving, backup and recovery is an approach to information management and protection that spans the entire life of an organization's data, with right sized tape and disk systems for organizations of any size, with the services and software for any level of data protection and IT infrastructure services to help you obtain the most out of your technology investments. We realize that most data, slow backups and lengthy recovery windows impact workflow and ultimately your bottom line. However, archiving involves the management of historical data with the additional goals of fast, on-demand access with lower overall storage costs.
Dell's archiving, backup and recovery Services offer:
- Optimized solutions to help keep your data safe and reduce recovery times
- Reduction of total cost of ownership
- Comprehensive project management
- Simplified operations resulting from proven methodologies
The Right Approach to Archiving, Backup and Recovery
The Right Approach
Dell offers comprehensive project management to help you optimize your technology, improve efficiencies, and minimize downtime with a tailored Archiving, backup, recovery solution engineered to provide increased flexibility, scalability, and manageability.
Phase 1: Assessment
- Determine the full range of current and future Archiving, backup, recovery requirements as Dell service professionals run automated discovery tools and conduct interviews with key personnel
- Identify possible risks and develop mitigation plans associated with an archiving, backup, recovery solution deployment
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for protecting applications and other end-user application data
Phase 2: Design
- Architect a scalable database infrastructure and design specific configurations with Dell's experienced consultants
- Determine archiving requirements, appropriate backup windows and minimize recovery time to ensure you meet service level agreements
- Create detailed implementation plans with Dell service professionals for a complete understanding of how the deployment will be conducted with minimum end-user disruption
Phase 3: Implementation
- Validate your new design and conduct a pilot of the archiving, backup and recovery solution
- Deploy Dell enterprise hardware into your production environment
Storage Area Network (SAN) system includes storage arrays, switches, host bus adapters (HBAs) and tape backup
Network Attached Storage (NAS) systems can be easily installed on a LAN or integrated into an existing SAN
- Install and configure powerful archiving, backup and recovery software including:
EMC® Legato® NetWorkerTM
Symantec Enterprise VaultTM
- Empower your administrators to efficiently manage your archiving, backup and recovery as Dell's experts transfer knowledge
- Seamlessly integrate Dell's professional services with award-winning Enterprise Support Services. With expert advice and technical assistance onsite1* or over the phone, Dell offers comprehensive support with a single-point of contact.