The value of information depends on its potential use and can change over time. Data management and data protection are a means of
getting the most value from information and avoiding the risks of not having the required information. Organisations should assess how
their information is used, now and over time implementation of processes and technology to meet all requirements.
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative|
Dell archiving, backup and recovery is an approach to information management and protection that spans the entire lifecycle of an organisation's data.
Dell's Backup, Recovery and Archiving Infrastructure Consulting services offer:
- An optimised solution for backup with reduced recovery time
- A reduction of total cost of ownership
- Archiving to meet compliance requirements
- Comprehensive project management
- Simplified operations as a result of proven methodologies
The Right Approach to Archiving, Backup and Recovery
The Right Approach
Dell provides comprehensive services to help you optimise your technology, improve efficiencies, and minimise downtime with a tailored archiving, backup and recovery solution engineered to provide increased flexibility, scalability, and manageability.
The objective of the Backup, Recovery and Archiving assessment is to gather critical information about your current Backup, Recovery and Archiving infrastructure to determine improvements.
Key activities during an assessment include:
- Detailing your full range of current and future archiving, backup and recovery requirements via automated discovery tools and interviews with key IT and business personnel
- Determine the infrastructure that addresses current needs and is capable of scaling to meet future sizing requirements
- A recommendations report is produced with propositions to improve backup and recovery windows, file share capacity, file share management, backup resources, media, backup and archiving management.
- Best practice is communicated
The objective of design is to lay the path for success at implementation by utilising best practice and proven methodologies -- with an emphasis on minimising disruption to workflow and IT infrastructure. This includes determining archiving requirements with appropriate backup windows and opportunities to improve recovery time to ensure that service level agreements are met.
Dell experts can implement your complete Backup, Recovery and Archiving solution - hardware and software - so that you can you quickly capture the value of the solution. This includes the installation and configuration of archiving, as well as backup and recovery software. Dell also ensures that your systems administrators can efficiently administer the solution as Dell's experts provide knowledge transfer.
This includes Installation and configuration of powerful archiving, backup and recovery software such as:
- CommVault® GalaxyTM
- EMC® Legato® NetWorkerTM
- Symantec® BackupExeTM
- Symantec NetBackupTM
- Symantec Enterprise VaultTM
Take advantage of Dell's Support Services for lifecycle support. Dell provides a suite of robust offerings, covering system support and maintenance.
For details go to Dell ProSupport.