Dell offers a range of intranet portal solutions to help your employees find information and share knowledge quickly and easily. SharePoint Portal Server Service offers the following benefits:
- Reliable access to critical information
- Reduced development time
- Rapid return on investment
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative or call 1-800-WWW-DELL|
The Right Approach to SharePoint Portal Server
With proven expertise in content management, Dell is ideally placed to help you understand and achieve the benefits of SharePoint Portal. Dell's expert consultants work with you to ensure a seamless, cost-effective deployment that meets your business and operational goals.
SharePoint Portal enhances collaboration throughout an organization's infrastructure and can therefore be a driving force in creating a more productive, secure and reliable technology environment. By providing detailed design documentation, a comprehensive validation strategy, and a mature deployment plan, Dell helps you assess, design and implement the most effective solution for your organization
Phase 1 : Assessment
- Discover and baseline your organizational content, workflow and collaboration needs as Dell service professionals run automated discovery tools and conduct interviews with key personnel
- Identify key business processes necessary to make sure your portal solution will provide sustainable and measurable value to your organization
- Evaluate and mitigate risks of deployment
Phase 2 : Design
- Architect a scalable information structure that facilitates document storage and retrieval for enhanced communication within your organization
- Create detailed SharePoint Portal implementation plans with Dell service professionals for a complete understanding of how the implementation will be conducted with minimum end-user disruption
Phase 3 : Implementation
- Validate the new design and conduct pilot implementation
- Empower your systems administrators and content owners to efficiently administer your new infrastructure as Dell's experts transfer knowledge
- Seamlessly integrate Dell's SharePoint portal services with award-winning Enterprise Support Services] to optimize uptime. Dell is there to support you onsite or over the phone with expert advice and technical assistance with a single-point of contact
Tailored Services to Meet Your Needs
FastTrack to SharePoint —Designed to quickly get your organization up and running with a collaborative portal, Dell's FastTrack to SharePoint utilizes proven expertise to assess, design and implement a SharePoint solution that provides sustainable and measurable value to your organization.
Introductory SharePoint Workshop —An interactive seminar that features demonstrations of SharePoint technologies and provides an overview of the business impact of SharePoint. Dell service professionals and partners will help you validate your business objectives for a SharePoint solution, create a preliminary business case for an initial implementation, and identify any key risk areas and mitigation strategies
- Interactive presentation in a training environment to transfer knowledge of SharePoint technologies capabilities, functionality, configuration and development
- Resource sheet of additional SharePoint resources such as Webcasts, Web sites, books, newsgroups, and third-party vendors
SharePoint Readiness Assessment —Dell conducts an assessment of your organizational content, workflow and collaboration needs to tailor a flexible information structure that facilitates document storage and retrieval.
- Detailed report of operational and technical risks associated with your current information structure
- Return on Investment analysis
- Risk mitigation with Dell's proven methodology, expertise and experience
- Comprehensive report which outlines key findings, overall vision of the SharePoint environment, and a recommended approach for moving forward
SharePoint Solution Architecture —Builds on the information gathered during the SharePoint Readiness Assessment to blueprint how SharePoint will be deployed and configured for the initial first release of the technology within your organization.
- Comprehensive document that outlines the overall vision, architecture and initial design of your SharePoint solution
- Detailed report concerning taxonomy and metadata (site structure, content structure and organization) as well as the technical architecture of the servers and the SharePoint out-of-box functionality
SharePoint Proof of Concept —Dell service professionals and partners work with you in a lab environment to explore how certain processes and/or functionality are implemented using SharePoint technologies.
- Documented goals and success criteria for the proof of concept
- Installation, configuration and build of a proof of concept environment
- Documented findings from the proof of concept with recommendations and decisions for next steps for deployment
SharePoint Standard Implementation —Implements the solution developed in SharePoint Solution Architecture including installation and configuration of the initial SharePoint environment as well as build-out of the SharePoint out-of-box functionality.
- Portal Development: Dell develops a basic SharePoint portal to provide a practical foundation to address business and technology issues uncovered during the SharePoint Readiness Assessment and Solutions Architecture phase.
- Portal Review Launch: SharePoint portal server is installed and the solution implemented and tested in your environment. Dell provides a one-hour training/introduction to the portal for your end-users, a one-hour training class for content authors, and a two-hour training session with the Workspace Coordinator.
- Updated SharePoint Solution Architecture: : Provides an overview of findings, recommendations and best practices for portal management and governance, a design/implementation plan, and estimates (if any) for custom Web part development and scripts for automated import of content.