Virtualisation increases flexibility in the allocation of computing capacity. Virtualisation services from Dell offer the following benefits:
- Reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) by consolidating to fewer physical servers
- Increase system availability by minimizing downtime during maintenance and accelerating recovery
- Improve agility by quickly / automatically moving workloads from one physical server to another
- Empower your IT staff through knowledge transfer from Dell's experts
|How To Purchase||Contact your Dell Sales Representative|
The Right Approach to Virtualisation
With a broad range of offers that deliver outstanding quality and value, Dell’s service professionals can help you achieve the full benefits of Virtualisation technology with solutions that provide:
- A standards-based Virtualisation strategy that can help lower costs and preserve choice and control
- A direct, uncomplicated approach that simplifies implementation, speeding time to productivity
- Solutions designed to deliver leading performance, availability and overall value
Phase 1: Assessment
- Determine the full range of current and future systems requirements as Dell service professionals run automated discovery tools and conduct interviews with key personnel
- Determine which servers to consolidate, when to consolidate and how with provided recommendations
- Provide Return on Investment and Total Cost of Ownership analysis
Phase 2: Design
- Architect a scalable solution with Dell’s experienced consultants
- Create detailed implementation plans with Dell service professionals for a complete understanding of how the solution will be conducted with minimum end-user disruption
Phase 3: Implementation
Packaged Virtualisation Services
Virtualisation Readiness Assessment — Make a more informed decision with a Virtualisation Readiness Assessment (VRA). The VRA provides an effective way to evaluate the impact that a virtual infrastructure will have on your datacenter. More specifically, the VRA will help you pinpoint how your newly virtualized environment can help you improve server management, maximize uptime and streamline deployment.
Virtual Infrastructure Health Check — This assessment examines your environment to ensure optimal configuration, consistency and alignment with VMware best practices.
VMware Infrastructure Workshop — This consulting engagement provides a proof-of-concept, on-site configuration and knowledge transfer using VMware ESX Server and VMware VirtualCenter Management Server.
VMware Infrastructure Upgrade Workshop — This consulting engagement helps pinpoint the resources needed for the most appropriate upgrade path for your migration from VMware ESX Server 2.x (and optionally VMware VirtualCenter Management Server 1.x) to VMware Infrastructure 3.0.
P2V Migration Workshop — This consulting workshop provides training on the proven methodology to migrate existing Microsoft Windows physical servers to VMware virtual machines to facilitate server consolidation.
VMware Infrastructure with P2V Workshop — This consulting engagement provides an on-site proof-of-concept and knowledge transfer around physical to virtual migrations using VMware ESX Server, VMware VirtualCenter Management Server and VMware P2V Assistant.
VMware Disaster Recovery and Backup Workshop — This consulting workshop helps you quickly understand disaster recovery and backup/restore considerations and issues with respect to VMware Virtual Infrastructure.
Custom Virtualisation Services
Design Services — Work with Dell's experienced consultants to architect a scalable and highly available Virtualisation solution. Our services professionals will then create a detailed implementation plan that minimizes end-user interruption and speeds time to deployment.
Implementation Services — Dell's services professionals will deploy new enterprise hardware into your environment, install and configure VMware software, and empower your systems administrators to efficiently manage the entire solution.