Dell makes it easy to deploy virtualization - so you can focus on the benefits
Dell's virtualization solutions include a broad range of industry-standard servers, scalable SAN arrays, and advanced virtualization software for virtualization and management. Dell solutions are tested and certified by our Virtualization Solutions engineering team before shipment, and in close collaboration with our virtualization partners, to help provide reliability out of the box.
Dell's Reference architectures result from rigorous testing of server, storage and software components to ensure a comprehensive Virtualization Solution suited to your business needs.
Dell works with hardware industry partners AMD, Intel, EMC, and software virtualization leaders including VMware, Microsoft, and Citrix to drive the evolution of virtualization standards. We also have extensive management partnerships - including Symantec, BMC, Microsoft, CommVault, Double-Take Software, PlateSpin, and Vizioncore - to offer wide choice and flexibility to build a tailored management solutions center around your operations.
Standards help to ensure ease of deployment, management and interoperability of virtualization solution components. And Dell can help you streamline the integration of virtualization technology into your existing environment so you can focus on the benefits.
Solutions from Dell balance performance and value to meet your requirements
With a broad range of products and services that deliver outstanding value - and strategic partners who provide industry expertise - Dell can help you achieve the full benefits of virtualization technology. Dell's "world-class" standards-based Virtualization Solutions provide:
Servers - Dell PowerEdgeTM servers provide the ultimate design for virtualization. Innovations including additional memory, I/O capacity and the option of a factory-integrated hypervisor from VMware or Citrix help deliver the performance and manageability you need to run an efficient operation. Dell's standards-based servers are designed to simplify server administration and enable modular "pay-as-you-grow" scalability.
- Flexibility in your selections of hardware, software and services components
- Easy integration within your existing IT infrastructure
- Modular deployment options matched to your business and budget requirements
Storage - Shared storage is a requirement for taking full advantage of the functionality enabled by virtualization, including workload management, high availability, and disaster recovery. Dell SAN arrays are designed to deliver the scalability and high availability that is essential for business-critical environments. Dell storage products include a wide range of Dell storage arrays, a variety of scalable backup devices, software, and remote copy and mirroring configurations.
Services - Dell provides complete virtualization consulting services that include infrastructure assessment, planning, training, and on-site installation and integration. Comprehensive ProSupport offers service-level options you can choose to fit your business priorities.
Software - Dell tests, integrates and supports server Virtualization Solutions that include virtualization software from partners VMware, Citrix and Microsoft in a variety of configurations.
View Dell and VMware, Dell and Citrix and Dell and Microsoft HyperV for additional details.
- VMware® Infrastructure 3 software aggregates servers, storage and networks into resource pools that deliver distributed infrastructure services to address business and organizational needs and requirements with available IT resource and capacity. The powerful technology is designed to deliver transformative cost savings, operational efficiency, flexibility and IT service levels. VMware is a leading provider of production-proven, virtual infrastructure technology to optimize and manage industry-standard IT environments.
- With Microsoft Hyper-V as part of Windows Server 2008, and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager , you can now take advantage of a powerful new set of tools to help simplify infrastructure management and better utilize your hardware investments. Dell's HyperV reference architectures combine these components into solutions designed to deliver Server Consolidation, Quick Migration, High Availability, and more. Learn more about Dell virtualization solutions with Microsoft HyperV.
- Citrix® XenServerTM Citrix XenServer virtualization products help reduce server hardware and operating costs through savings on power, space, cooling, and system maintenance. Offering high performance virtualization within an easy to use virtualization platform, Citrix XenServer products support both Windows® and Linux® servers. Citrix XenServer products are based on the Xen hypervisor, and offer easy to use Windows and Linux virtualization solutions with built-in virtual machine lifecycle management.
- Xen is an open-source hypervisor that allows multiple operating systems to run on a single physical server. Dell's partners Red Hat® and Novell® SUSE® have incorporated Xen into their distributions which are available on Dell PowerEdge Servers.
Need more information? Contact your Dell account representative now.