System Consultant (pre-sales engineers)
The Advanced Systems Group (ASG) is part of Dell's sales community and therefore seen as a full sales segment. ASG differs from other sales segments by not owning (named) accounts but owning Dell's Enterprise Systems Line Of Business (LOB). Enterprise Systems is a rapidly expanding LOB with the currently the following products/brands:
- PowerEdge Servers - Intel architecture.
- PowerApp Appliances - Intel based Inter-/Intranet appliances.
- PowerVault - Entry-level Direct Attached (DAS) & Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- Dell | EMC - Mid-range Storage Area Networks (SAN), DAS and SAN solutions.
- PowerConnect - Ethernet Switches and Routers.
- Premier Enterprise Services - Professional hardware oriented services.
- 3rd party hard- and software (DellWare) for completing Dell solutions.
ASG is focusing on the 'relational' side of Dell's business environment which is currently companies with more than 200 employees: Preferred Account, Large Corporate Accounts (LCA) and Global Customers (GCP). Public (Government, Healthcare & Education) is also a relational sales segment.
ASG is a pre-sales group, providing hardware, software and services consultancy, engineering and internal sales support in the pre-sales phase of selling. Post-sales support is limited to work in close harmony with Project Managers and/or partners to achieve a full deployments as agreed in the pre-sales phase.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving Enterprise Systems sales (run-rate business and projects) for the assigned sales segments and/or named development accounts.
- Engage and work in close relationship with (named) Account Managers, Sales Managers and Sales Directors to identify, develop and maintain Enterprise Systems opportunities and customer relationships.
- Maximum contribution to achieve the assigned Enterprise revenue targets.
- Utilizing the knowledge of multi-platform systems and Enterprise level environments to build, and own, a strong technical relationship with customers and colleagues for the assigned sales segment.
- Providing (HW/SW) solution consultancy regarding industry-wide topics including Dell specific products, services and capabilities.
- Responsible for taking the customer's technical, financial and business requirements into consideration in order to recommend and optimal configuration utilizing the scope of Dell's capabilities for providing Enterprise solutions.
- Initiate technical events and workshops for customers in the assigned sales segments.
- Build and maintain a close consultancy relationships with Dell's tier-1 and tier-2 (alliances/DSP) partners and local ISV's.
- Being/become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned products and/or solutions.
- Average of five customer visits/meeting per week.
- Able to engage in close harmony with Account Managers, Sales Managers and Sales Directors to identify new Enterprise opportunities
- Managing and Developing Yourself
Strategic/Longer Term Contribution
- Able to develop (new) Enterprise Systems accounts.
- Able to balance general (technical) possibilities with Dell's core business objectives
- Good organizational and long-range planning skills
Functional Technical Skills
- Able to influence buying behaviours
- Good marketing 'feeling' to understand and sell/explain product/solution positioning
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Good/high degree of technical sales knowledge of (Intel based) servers, storage and networking hardware, multi OS environments, services requirements and Enterprise Management applications.
- Full understanding of (thin) client/server, ISP/ASP's and Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructures
- Professional behaviour and interactions with customers on Purchase, IT Operations, IT Management and CxO level
- Able to read, write, talk and present in fluent Dutch, French and English
More than average knowledge of applications and databases.
Technical Sales Representative
The purpose of this role is to support driving enterprise sales within a team of relationship account managers. The role involves quoting and closing enterprise sales opportunities and supporting individual team members to become more proficient at selling servers, storage and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support individual team members to maximise enterprise selling potential. Identifies Individual strengths and weaknesses and implements appropriate action plan. Design, and deliver responses to ad-hoc training requirements as requests arise.
Taking leads from team members and seeing all aspects of the sale through to closure. Identifying and influencing customer key decision makers Qualifying customer needs - profiling etc Designing enterprise solutions that meet the required customer needs. Providing regular customer call backs. Lead Quoting.
Individual motivation/initiative in using existing on-line/internal resources to keep up to date on current and future enterprise products and services.
- Ability to plan & organise own tasks, priority Setting, Organisational Agility, drive for results
Managing and Developing Yourself
- Self Development: Technical Learning / learning on the fly
- Strategic/Longer Term Contribution
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus, listening, negotiating & Influencing
Managing and Developing People
- Building Effective Teams: Motivating Others
- Higher or University education
- Good language skills (Dutch, French, English)
- Excellent consultation and selling skills
- Manage priorities
- You can work under pressure