New Dell Notebook Enhances Entertainment Experience
|Inspiron 6000 Delivers Multimedia Features, Performance and Design Options |
|Bracknell, January 19, 2005|
DellTM today announced a versatile new wide-screen notebook featuring the latest Intel® 915GM mobile chipset and designed to provide performance and connectivity at great value. Dell's new InspironTM 6000 notebook computer is ideal for small businesses and consumers who demand enhanced multimedia capabilities and advanced productivity features on the move in a stylish package.
Users can enjoy enhanced movie playback in a 15.4-inch widescreen format and easily navigate through their entire music library via the backlit front-and-center multimedia keys. A full range of connectivity ports also allow customers to easily transfer content to and from electronic devices such as digital cameras, portable music and media players, and multimedia-enhanced handheld devices, including the Dell AximTM X50v.
The Inspiron 6000, starting at £749.00 (Including VAT and delivery)* also features Intel's new 915GM system chipset and integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900, lowering power consumption, improving battery life, increasing visual quality and enhancing performance. In addition, the availability of Intel Celeron® M and Pentium® M processors offers customers a range of power and performance to run a wide variety of multimedia or productivity software.
Uniform with Dell's new consumer-oriented design, the Inspiron 6000 comes in a white and silver chassis and allows users to further tailor the look of their computer through four new interchangeable personalisation covers: Cherry Burlwood, Carbon Fibre, Mediterranean Blue and Natural Leather.
For more information about the Inspiron 6000, please visit www.dell4me.com/inspiron. Product photos can be accessed at www.dell.com/imagebank.
Technical Highlights: Inspiron 6000
- Choice of processors:
Intel® Celeron M 350 (1.30GHz, 400MHz FSB, 1MB Cache)
Intel® Celeron M 730 (1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB Cache)
Intel® Pentium M 740 (1.73GHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB Cache)
Intel® Pentium M 750 (1.86GHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB Cache)
Intel® Pentium M 760 (2.13GHz, 533MHz FSB, 2MB Cache)
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home or Windows XP Professional
- 256MB to 2GB DDR at 400MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Memory
- UltraSharpTM Wide Aspect Display (15.4-inch) with choice of resolution: WXGA (1280x800), WXGA+ (1680x1050), WUXGA (1920x1200)
- Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics (Up to 128MB shared memory)*
- Integrated 56K* v.92 capable modem, 10/100 Ethernet, optional integrated Wi-Fi (802.11b/g or 802.11a/b/g) and Bluetooth capability
- Choice of fixed optical drives: DVD, CD-RW/DVD or Double Layer*DVD+/-RW/+R*
- Choice of hard drives: 30GB*, 40GB*, 60GB*, 60GB* 7200 RPM, 80GB*
- Ports include IEEE 1394, 4- USB 2.0, Dolby Digital Audio Out, S-Video Out, integrated, SD Memory Card Reader
- 6-cell or 9-cell Lithium Ion batteries
- Microsoft® Works 7.0
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) is a premier provider of products and services required for customers worldwide to build their information-technology and Internet infrastructures. Company revenue for the past four quarters totalled $47.3 billion. Dell, through its direct business model, designs, manufactures and customises products and services to customer requirements, and offers an extensive selection of software and peripherals. Information on Dell and its products can be obtained at www.dell.co.uk.