Expert solutions, competitively priced
- Dell is one of the world’s leading technology vendors with a wealth of experience of providing cost-effective, fully-managed solutions to Higher and Further Education in the UK.
- Dell can provide hardware, systems integration and a range of third party software, preinstalled on equipment purchased directly from Dell.
- Dell has a highly experienced & dedicated HE & FE Team, committed to the support of teaching, learning, research and administration in Higher and Further Education.
- Dell is an approved supplier of key HE & FE consortia, ensuring cost-effective, high quality solutions to IT needs across the sector.
- Dell participates in National and Regional initiatives to supply institutions, staff and students with affordable leading-edge technology.
To discuss your particular requirements please contact the Dell HE & FE Team
|What our customers say : |
“The Dell HPCC (High Performance Computing Cluster) delivers enormous processing power and excellent value for money. When we put our processing and storage requirements out to tender, Dell was able to offer us up to 30 per cent more processing power than its competitors — for exactly the same investment… We needed the option to upgrade our infrastructure by adding new processors and storage devices year-by-year when our existing hardware gets overstretched. Dell’s solution gives us the flexibility to roll out new hardware quickly and easily.”Dr Todd Huffman, Physics Fellow, Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford
“Dell was our preferred supplier for hardware so we decided to retire any non-Dell equipment and purchase 800 Dell Optiplex™ GX270 Desktops and 100 Dell Latitude™ D505 Laptops. Dell took care of everything. It installed images on the equipment for us, and delivered and implemented all of the hardware… It makes things much easier if the company that supplies your equipment can also provide implementation services and advice when needed… The Dell staff have a real understanding of what’s right for us and can even customise equipment to suit our exact requirements. It’s that level of service that will ensure that we keep working with Dell well into the future.”Gary Palmer, IT manager, Runshaw College
“Not only did Dell offer the most cost-effective solution but it also tailored its deployment service to suit our specific needs. Dell tagged each machine with information about the exact room it should go to. So when they arrived, we knew where each machine was going as soon as it came through the door. We’re talking about nearly 200 different rooms across the campus, so the fact that nothing went missing or was waylaid in the short timescales is testament to Dell’s outstanding project management… Dell’s account managers were excellent throughout the deployment process. They really pulled out the stops to make sure that we had everything we needed… We were confident that the quality of the products would shine through, and we were right.”Nathan Prisk, Head of IT Services, University College Falmouth and Tremough Campus
Dell HE & FE Solutions magazine archive