About Dell Support Services for Desktop PCs, Laptops and Peripherals
When you need assistance with your Dell products – we are here to help.
Have you recently purchased a Dell product and need some help getting started? Do you suspect that your Dell product has a hardware fault?
We can help you. Dell Support Services provide a hardware* fault diagnosis and repair service for your Dell product, for the duration of the service period, provided via the internet, chat (live interactive support), email and telephone. This does not affect your statutory rights.
|At a glance:|
|Getting-started assistance for 30-days after delivery of your Dell product|
|Online support for self help and hardware fault diagnosis and resolution|
|Contact Technical Support for diagnosing and fixing problems|
|A repair and replacement parts service, if required after completion of Dell’s problem diagnosis procedures|
* ‘For software issues and how to questions…’, there is separate chargeable support service available, Presto. Presto will tackle almost any Windows version, virus, spyware, security, installation, home network or application question
Click here for more information
How we can help you
- Installation and configuration advice on your Dell product for the critical first 30 days after delivery;
- Comprehensive online help via the web, email and chat support with a Dell Technician;
- Hardware problem diagnosis and resolution service either via email, chat live interactive support or by telephone call with a Dell Technician;
- A repair and replacement parts service, if required after completion of Dell’s problem diagnosis procedures.
How long does the service cover me for?
Dell’s Support Service is purchased with your Dell computer or other Dell product. To confirm the period of service cover see your invoice, check in “Service Direct” or go to https://support.euro.dell.com and select Warranty Information. You can extend the service period after purchase up to the maximum cover period for the product by calling Dell Sales. This does not affect your statutory rights.
How do I contact Dell for Technical Support?
- Visit https://support.euro.dell.com for online support tools and assistance via email. Chat support with a Dell Technician is available for specific Dell products.
- Call your local Dell office for assistance; International contact numbers are provided on document supplied with your Dell product and on Dell’s website: https://support.euro.dell.com under “Contact Us”.
How does Dell Technical Support work?
|Self-Help Online: Most support questions can be answered with Dell’s online problem-diagnosis tools and information resources. Comprehensive online support is available free of charge 24 hours per day to all Dell customers at https://support.euro.dell.com. Note: For some services you will be required to create an account first to help us personalise the support we provide.|
|Contacting Dell for Help: Email support is available via https://support.euro.dell.com providing a response within one working day. Online chat, providing live interactive support with a Dell Technician, is also available for selected countries and products. Online support can resolve many problems quickly without the need to wait for an engineer. Standard telephone support and service is provided Monday-Friday during local business hours (excludes weekends and public holidays). Dell also offers premium service options with evening, weekend and 24x7 telephone support. Before contacting Dell Technical Support, you should identify the “service tag” number and model of your product and be with your system to assist the Dell technician. The service tag can be found on a white label on the product itself. The Dell technician will also ask for your name and company (if any) to verify your identity and your email address to enable important information to be sent to you.|
|Assisting the Dell technician to diagnose the problem: : For each contact, the Dell technician has been trained to undertake a process to ensure the fastest possible resolution. To do this the technician will request your assistance to help “troubleshoot” the problem in order for the technician to diagnose the fault. The Dell technician will work together with you to ensure that you are properly instructed on how to proceed. The diagnostic process will enable the Dell technician to identify the system part that has failed, if any, so that a replacement part can be provided.|
|Booking a Service Call: Once the need for a service call has been confirmed by the Dell Technician, it will be booked as early as possible, often as soon as the next working day, if convenient to the customer. Dell Support Services have two delivery methods; Customer Replaceable Parts and Engineer Replaceable Parts. Dell may opt to send a product part, which can easily be replaced by the customer, directly to the customer. Note that a premium 4-hour response service is available for selected Enterprise products.|
|Dell’s engineer and parts repair service: When the Dell Technician identifies the need for a customer replaceable part, this will be sent by courier. When the need for engineer service is required, next steps depend on the type of service purchased and include:|
Collect and Return Service: This can collect the product the next business day and a Dell-certified engineer will repair and return the product within a further five business days.
At-Home Service: This can place a Dell-certified engineer at the customer's location within 5 business days, at a pre-arranged time*.
Next Business Day On-Site Service: This can place a Dell-certified engineer at the customer's location the next business day*.
* A Dell technician must accept and log a product fault call before the “cut-off” time, as documented in the Service Description. Availability of parts, service, cut-off times and response-time may vary according to the country and the remoteness or accessibility of product location
Diagnosing and Fixing the Problem - What will Dell do?
For assistance in diagnosing and fixing hardware problems you should contact Dell Technical Support. For each call, the Dell technician has been trained to undertake a process to ensure the fastest possible resolution to your problem, often without the need for a replacement part or an engineer to call. To do this the technician will request the customer’s assistance to help “troubleshoot” the problem in order for the technician to diagnose the fault. The diagnostic process will enable the Dell technician to identify the system part that has failed, if any, so that a replacement part can be provided or a repair service booked.
Examples of what can be included in the scope of the hardware fault diagnostics are:
The Dell technician will work together with you to ensure that you are properly instructed on how to proceed.
- Running diagnostic tests appropriate for the problem reported
- Installation of service packs and other system updates
- Re-installation and default configuration of the factory-installed operating system, software and drivers
Diagnosing and Fixing the Problem - what do I need to do?
- Before contacting Dell Technical Support, you should identify the service tag number and model of your product and be with your system to assist the Dell technician.
- Provide the Dell Technician with your product model and “service tag”, your contact details including email address and details about any product fault or other assistance needed.
- Assist the Dell Technician with diagnostic procedures to identify the root cause of the problem.
- Keep full security copies of any software and data. In cases where a hard drive failure is detected, it will be replaced and customer data stored on it will be lost. The customer is responsible for the security, backup and reinstallation of their data at all times.
Where do I find further information on Dell services?
What do I do if I am not fully satisfied by a service?
Dell prides itself on providing a high level of service and support. If you not satisfied by the service you have received, please contact us at https://support.euro.dell.com
Specifications are correct at date of publication but are subject to availability or change without notice at any time. Dell and its affiliates cannot be responsible for errors in typography or photography. Dell's Terms and Conditions of Sales and Service apply and are available on request or at https://www.euro.dell.com/service-descriptionsDell service offerings do not affect consumer's statutory rights.
© 2007 Dell Inc. Reproduction in any manner whatsoever without the written permission of Dell Inc. is strictly forbidden. Dell and the Dell logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Dell Inc.