Previous | Next
Choosing Your Printer Provider
You have many choices when selecting a printer provider. Dell offers several advantages that simplify IT and service and help you control your costs.
Your business technology should be sophisticated — not complicated. Dell's printers are designed to powerfully enable your business operations without bogging down your resources. From our streamlined printer interfaces to intuitive resource management tools, our award-winning portfolio of printers is focused on fulfilling your operational needs.
We understand that usage isn't the only opportunity for simplification. The Dell Printer Advantage begins with buying: transparent pricing, free ink or toner shipping1 and an easy avenue to replenish ink/toner and paper. And with our eco-friendly recycling programs, getting rid of your old printer is a snap.
Dell offers world-class service and support on all of its printers. We offer a wide printer warranty plan — one of the few in the industry that covers fuser kits. 24-7 technical support and extended service options mean that you'll have less downtime and a greater return on your printer investment.
Dell designs the warranties on its printer lines to go the extra mile with exchange, repair and replacement options for all models. Dell service plans provide quick turn-around on printer replacements or repairs. The following chart shows which models are covered by Dell extended service plans.
|Advanced Exchange* ||Next Business Day Response Service* ||Same Day Onsite Response Service* (Optional) |
Dell lasers help you reduce your Total Cost of Printing by up to 30% versus comparable HP models. This comes from a combination of low acquisition costs, trend-setting cost-per-page figures and a wide array of warranty coverage plans.
Dell is also helping to drive the trend toward affordable color laser printing. Starting at less than $300, Dell color lasers hit high efficiency benchmarks when printing in both color and monochrome.
Dell's final word in cost-effectiveness is a series of smart resource management tools. Free to laser printer users, these tools help optimize consumables — the greatest area of cost in printer ownership. These tools allow users to:
- take control of their printer fleet
- monitor and order consumables online
- install, set up and configure printers over a network
- control access to color printing
Smart Resource Management Tools
Here's a brief look at the tools, and how they help optimize your resources:Dell Toner Management SystemTM
Integrates with the Printer Web Tool to provide timely, easy online ordering of laser printer toner cartridges and other supplies, direct from Dell. The Dell Toner Management System can:
The Dell Ink Management SystemTM provides the same features for inkjet printers.
- monitor toner levels
- receive pop-up or email notification of low toner levels
- connect to the specific printer page for one-click toner ordering, with printer model, service tag and current toner level automatically transmitted
Available on all Dell color laser printers, ColorTrack helps reduce the total cost of printing by controlling employee access to color printing, ensuring that only the most important business documents are printed in color. Dell ColorTrack allows you to set up three user types, each with different access levels:
- unlimited access to color printing
- access to monochrome printing only
- password-enabled access to color printing
Dell Printer WebToolTM
Manages Dell network printers from any desktop. This app lives on the printer hardware, so it can be accessed from anywhere on the network with a standard web browser. The Dell Printer WebTool can:
- check printer status and configuration
- configure a printer
- secure printers from unwanted users
- monitor current levels of paper and toner
- check the media types loaded into the printer
- set e-mail alerts for low paper, low toner, paper jams or other printer problems
- follow links to supply ordering and customer support
- collect detailed printer usage information
Dell OpenManageTM Printer Manager
OpenManageTM Printer Manager (OMPM) is a robust application that simplifies management of your networked printer fleet. OMPM consolidates the status of networked printers in a single view with a clear, easy-to-use drag-and-drop console. OMPM allows IT staff to manage, monitor and report on networked Dell (and many non-Dell) printers. It provides:
- one-to-many printer management
- intelligent consumables management
- robust group and scheduling functions for further printer management simplification
- a customizable printer fleet dashboard
- brand-agnostic operations through standards base and template translations
- color-coded alerting and notification
- powerful and comprehensive report manager
- consumables forecasting and service issue tracking
- flexible reporting formats including PDF, HTML and CSV file types
Download OMPM The Dell OpenManage Printer Manager is a free download from the Dell.com website. Learn more.
Previous | Next