The DellTM PowerEdgeTM M1000e blade enclosure and Brocade M4424 SAN Switch provide robust solutions for Fibre Channel SAN deployments. Not only does this offering help simplify and reduce the amount of SAN hardware components required for a deployment, but it also maintains the scalability, performance, interoperability, and management of traditional SAN environments.
The SAN Switch ships in one of two configurations:
The Brocade M4424 SAN Switch provides exceptional backward and forward compatibility with industry standard SAN switches and Dell/EMC SAN switches. It helps IT organizations integrate the Dell PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure into a new or existing SAN with ease while providing the freedom and flexibility to add switches, storage capacity, virtual servers and SAN devices to that SAN in the future. The Brocade M4424 SAN Switch is a key component of the Dell PowerEdge M1000e I/O infrastructure. By providing both 12-port and 24-port models of the Brocade M4424, Dell is able to help address the growing needs of the small, mid-range and enterprise class computing requirements.
- Dual Function configuration. In this configuration, the SAN Switch operates in Standard Full Fabric Switch mode by default. The module can also operate in Access Gateway mode.
- Access Gateway configuration. In this configuration the SAN Switch operates exclusively in Access Gateway mode. Access Gateway simplifies SAN deployment by using NPIV. NPIV provides Fibre Channel switch functions that help to improve SAN Switch scalability, manageability, and interoperability.
Fast, Reliable 4 Gbit/sec Performance
- Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform
- The SAN Switch has been designed to be highly interoperable. It supports 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, and 4 Gbit/sec transmit and receive rates with auto negotiation. The actual data signaling rate used on a port is automatically sensed and set to the rate supported by the device or devices attached to the port.
- Combines up to 24 ports of industry-leading 4Gbit/sec technology with Ports on Demand scaling from 12 to 24 ports, allowing “pay-as-you-grow.”
- Operates in Access Gateway mode allowing connectivity to any Fabric – including Brocade, Cisco, and McDATA.
Simplified Deployment and Management
- Simplify deployment and management of a Dell blade server environment with the dual function Brocade M4424, providing NPIV based Access Gateway functionality or full fabric switch functionality.
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Easily integrate Fibre Channel (FC) technology into new or existing Storage Area Network (SAN) environments using the PowerEdge M1000e blade enclosure, Brocade M4424 4Gbps FC SAN Switch (Brocade M4424) and Dell/EMC storage.
- Brocade ASIC expanded capabilities, including World Wide Name (WWN) and device-level zoning.