Mature solution that is easy to implement and manage
You can eliminate the frustrations of backup and feel confident that your organization’s most valuable asset, your data, is protected and available by deploying established disk-based backup with integrated deduplication from Dell, EMC and Data Domain. Wizard-based controls make set-up and management easy allowing you to focus time and resources on your organizational goals instead of backup.
- Implement without redesigning your entire backup environment
- Support for heterogeneous hardware environments and several connectivity protocols
- Data Domain has more than 12,000 installed systems with more than 4,300 customers
- Up to 12TB raw capacity enables protecting up to 168TB of logical capacity with a 20x dedupe ratio*
Improve data protection and recovery time while lowering costs
Disk backup with deduplication can help ensure that you are prepared for challenges associated with protecting your growing volumes of data, for demands to reduce organizational impact from primary data loss and for reducing the costs of managing data protection with high throughput inline deduplication for backup data. The DD630 allows you to store more data in a nearline setting for longer and in a smaller footprint than with tape or disk backup without deduplication and helps you simplify your backup environment by displacing tape, moving it from backup to long-term archive.
- Achieve 90-97% backup data reduction with a typical 10-30x deduplication ratio
- Performance is not dependent on the number of disk drives, so hardware, management, power and cooling costs can all be reduced versus other deduplication applications
- Enterprise data retention compliance can be enabled using Retention Lock and data shredding
- Variable block deduplication algorithm and a solution designed from the ground up around dedupe helps you achieve optimal capacity savings
- Restore up to 2.5 times faster than tape with the DD630
Enhance disaster recovery with efficient replication and ensure data integrity
Be up and running faster in the event of a disaster and help ensure data integrity in your backups using the DD630 with the optional Replicator software that provides network-efficient replication for disaster recovery and the Data Domain Data Invulnerability Architecture. You can realize up to a 99% bandwidth reduction for replication, in a typical backup environment with a 5-10% incremental change rate, via the DD Series deduplication technology. Lower bandwidth costs can make replication a viable DR solution to protect your organization should the unexpected happen.
- Five different options for replication and offsite data protection
- Data Invulnerability Architecture provides one of the industry’s best defenses against data integrity issues including:
Continuous fault detection and healing
End-to-end verification of data recoverability at time of backup
Redundant system components and RAID 6 architecture
- Alleviate burdens on remote/branch offices by centralizing and automating data protection
Solutions for your unique needs
It is important to understand your environment, needs and objectives before deciding on the best way to optimize your storage. Deduplication is just one technology that can be utilized to do this. Dell ProConsult Data Protection and Storage Optimization consulting services, such as the Storage Simplification Workshop, Backup, Recovery, Archive Assessment and Backup/Restore Stabilization and Optimization service can help you find and implement the ideal solution to meet your unique needs.